SLIN has been in production for four years and is in its fifth generation. It is one of the most universally applicable products in the Enhanced Labs lineup. SLIN is an insulin mimetic that helps the body partition and dispose of carbohydrates in a way that does not trigger fat gains.
By doing this, SLIN can help accelerate weight loss and/or help an athlete not add fat as they bulk.
Recently the Enhanced Labs Chemical Engineer, Trevor Kouritzin, sat down and answered some of the most common questions we get about SLIN in on the website.
1. How does SLIN help me manage my weight?
Insulin resistance is among the most pervasive metabolic complications associated with obesity, and is linked with the pathogenesis of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes. SLIN not only prevents insulin resistance, but promotes insulin sensitivity. Furthermore, SLIN reduces the amount of insulin secreted by the pancreas, lowering the net insulin impact whenever carbohydrates are consumed. Weight reduction is achieved by improved function of fat-regulating hormones, such as insulin, adiponectin and leptin.
2. Can SLIN help my manage blood sugar levels even if I am diabetic or pre-diabetic?
SLIN was formulated to increase insulin sensitivity for all individuals. This means better blood sugar management if you are in the pre or actual diabetes ranges. Even if not diabetic or pre-diabetic, SLIN will improve glucose tolerance by effectively managing insulin levels.
3. Can I eat carbs and still reach my weight goals by using SLIN?
SLIN targets a metabolism regulator called AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), which stimulates the uptake of carbohydrates into muscle cells, using them for energy rather than fat storage. By doing this, SLIN is literally "partitioning" your carbs, or "disposing" of them by placing them as energy for muscle use as opposed to fat(adipose) cells.
4. Why should I buy SLIN and not just any other Berberine product?
Indeed berberine gets a lot of attention, and the attention is well warranted, but why stop at just berberine? SLIN contains 11 clinically dosed ingredients that have all been scientifically validated to lower blood sugar, cause weight loss and improve heart health. For example, Fucoxanthin, has been clinically shown to reduce fasting blood glucose by 32.3%! Even more impressive, the participants also saw a 5% decrease in waist circumference .
5. Is SLIN approved by the FDA? Is it safe?
SLIN is FDA compliant and proudly manufactured in a GMP (good manufacturing practicing) certified facility. We make SLIN in the United States of America, and it is in its fifth generation of improvement after tens of thousands of satisfied customers over four years. All of the active ingredients have decades of use and research in the fitness, health, and medical community.
6. What is your experience? Do you have degrees in this field?
I have a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Alberta and a Masters of Science in Human Nutrition from the University of Manitoba. I am currently seeking for a PhD program to enroll in and find partners for clinical trial research.
7. How long has SLIN been in use? Has anyone gotten sick taking SLIN?
SLIN has been sold on the commercial market for over 4 years. The only side effect ever reported was a feeling of hypoglycemia when users exceeded label recommended dosages. We do not recommend taking more than the listed dosing on the bottle.
8. How does lowering my bodies response to carbohydrates help me achieve a healthier lifestyle?
High insulin levels, also known as hyperinsulinemia, has been linked to obesity, heart disease and cancer. Taking steps to increase your insulin sensitivity and decrease your insulin levels may help you lose weight, lower your risk of disease and increase quality of life. SLIN can play a critical role in this.
9. How many customers have tried slin over the last 4 years?
SLIN has literally been tried by tens of thousands of customers over four years and five generations of the product. the current formulation is designed to maximize results for both the average person looking to live a healthier life and professional athletes in peak training conditions.
10. Have you taken slin yourself?
I do! Slin, probiotics, greens and essential fatty acids are supplements I believe everyone should be taking to improve their health. I am a big proponent of prioritizing gut health, managing insulin levels, reducing inflammation and increasing antioxidant consumption.
11. I do intermittent fasting, can I use SLIN with that fasting program?
There are a number of advantages to using SLIN while intermittent fasting:
· Faster weight management/loss - Just like with intermittent fasting, SLIN is a popular option for people wanting to make quick changes to their weight. Not only does the body begin breaking down fat for energy, you’re also less likely to store the calories you eat as fat.
· Diet Adherence – Most people report less cravings and better energy when taking SLIN with an intermittent fasting eating pattern.
· Improved mental clarity – SLIN and fasting are both beneficial for the brain by stabilizing blood glucose levels. Most people can expect a boost in mental clarity and less brain fog throughout the day.
12. What is better: keto diets, or eating carbs with SLIN?
Although highly effective in the short term, ketogenic diets are not sustainable. The ketogenic diet was never made to be a lifestyle. It was intended to be a short term dietary intervention for type 2 diabetics. Besides the Social influences on food choices, completing eliminating carbohydrates from the diet indefiently can damage the thyroid and put strain on the liver and kidneys. That being said, a lot of individuals could benefit from a ketogenic diet, especially when combined with an insulin mimetic like Slin. But the long term goal should be to slowly reintroduce carbohydrates back into the diet as insulin sensitivity increases and glucose tolerance improves. For those that are using other programs such as intermittenft fasting, the Mediteranean diet, Southbeach, or just actually ramping up intake to put on muscle/train, SLIN works well in all of those scenarios.
SLIN is a powerful tool to help individuals manage blood sugar levels, insulin sensitivity, and weight. By adding SLIN to your diet, health, and fitness program, you can accelerate your results.